For Taglit-Birthright Israel Participants - IsraelExperts
During your 10-day Taglit-Birthright Israel trip, you are required to come to Israel with your own health insurance policy that is valid in Israel.
If you are not insured on your own or if your International medical insurance policy does not cover you abroad, then you NEED an insurance policy that covers you for the trip. An inexpensive and easy way to fulfill this requirement is to purchase travelers insurance through CTAS, which is underwritten by Harel Insurance Company, Israel’s largest medical insurer. Click here for full insurance policy terms.
- Medical insurance in Israel, with coverage for pre-existing conditions.
- Insurance in case your baggage is lost, damaged, or stolen (up to $800).
- Cancellation insurance for coverage of domestic flight costs (if you take a connecting domestic flight to catch the international Taglit flight): in case you miss the domestic flight due to death, illness, or injury of the applicant or a close family member. (This is a $5.00 optional add-on).
- No deductible or co-payment.
- Excellent list of contracted doctors.
- No need to pay and then claim back at home.
- 24 hour call center
Please note: Applications will be accepted until 5 days before departure. Any applications received after that time, will be charged a $14 late registration fee.
Cost for all CTAS services is $40 per trip (optional trip cancellation $5). If you extend your trip, the cost is an additional $3.50 per day.
If you cancel the policy, there is a $10 surcharge.
Proceed below to purchase the CTAS package.